Systemic Personality Assessment in Sport
Although the contribution of sport psychology for success in sport is undeniable, still its systematic application in sports practice is rather singular, mainly due to the absence of practical and truly functional models for the assessment and evaluation.
In top and professional sport, a systemic personality assessment using Thomas International testing is hitherto undiscovered "reserve" for athletes who were close to their performance limits.
Personality assessment is generally highly beneficial and useful for athletes at different performance levels, who want to move to a higher performance level and increase the efficiency of the spent time and effort invested to sport.
Personality assessment is designed not only for athletes and sport teams but also for trainers, sport managers and members of realization teams who are interested in improving their professional level.
The main benefits for athletes:
- Understanding of own personality and emotional characteristics
- Awareness of strengths, areas for improvement and risk
- Controlled management of pressure and elimination of frustration
- Building relationships and improving communication within the sport team
- Elimination of mental limitations during sports performance
- Mental coping with hard training process
Advantages for trainers, coaches and sport managers:
- Awareness of own communication style and the impact on individual and team performance
- Understanding of the main concerns, motivators and preferred "work style„ of team members
- Increase of self-control and influence on others
- The right choice of different styles of communication in particular stress situations
- Deeper understanding of the behaviour and emotions of individuals or team
- The compilation of more efficient training programs
"There are not just real competitors on the track during the race but they are also psychological limitations in my head, that my systemic personality assessment system helped clearly identify."
Patrik Kuril, 2015 World Champion and Paralympic Games Rio 2016 medalist in road para-cycling